Counselor SBEC Cert
To apply and receive your Texas Certificate for
When all requirements have been met, each candidate MUST apply with both Texas Education Agency and Lamar University for theirTexas Professional/Student Services certificate.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY until all requirements below have been met:
- Hold an approved master’s degree
- Completed all courses required by your degree plan
- Completed practicum
- Passed the appropriate TExES exam
AND Apply for Certification Recommendation from Lamar University
- Documentation of at least TWO (2) years of classroom teaching experience in a TEA approved school. Obtain and scan a copy of your Service Record available from your district office.
- Complete Certification application in TK20 and upload Service Record.
TO apply in TK20…Go to Application section…Create…Select application…
EDLD – Certification -Counselor.
Students without a TK20 account should access www.lu-texes.com to print, complete and fax the Graduate Certification application and Service Record to 409-880-1804.
Complete the online application with the Texas State Board for Teacher Certification (SBEC) at https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECOnline/login.aspChoose Lamar University Based and type in your certification area (School Counselor)
Please Note: Because of the high volume of applicants, the Certification process can take approximately 8-weeks from the time your application is received and all requirements are verified. Please make sure all requirements are followed and met, or the processing of your certification application will be delayed.